Thursday 7 April 2011




I made some new decoration gates. They are very strongly based on reference pictures of decoration I have actually seen on Tanabata in Hiratsuka. Especially the one at the very left was one decoration I really wanted to bring in. I called it "Fat lotus baby gate". I'm not quite sure whether it's meant to be a lotus flower or peach, yet on the festival the flower of this gate moved. When it opened you could see a very fat disgusting looking baby. Kawaii or kowai (cute or scary?) ? I think it looked rather scary :) Also I wonder who the guy on the turtle should represent. Maybe these characters are from a legend or fairy tale ? However I found these gates in real life very interesting, especially because of the scary baby, that's why I wanted to have them in the film.

Here's the reference picture:

No comments:

Post a Comment